Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mel's office/craft room





I found a 75 cent frame with glass at a thrift store, and a placemat for the background. Then printed out the saying I wanted off my computer. Cut out the letters and taped them on the glass where I wanted them placed. Then traced the words with a sharpie. the frame was so ugly I covered it up with ribbon to match the rest of the room.

Made from two pillow shams and left over fabric for the back

hand sewn. Valance is hung up by two clothespins covered with ribbon and a button

Hand sewn, this used to be a sheet it was only $1.99. Also made coordinating pillow with left over fabric. There are two holes behind the pillow tucked into the chair that I ran a long piece of ribbon through to help keep the fabric in place so it wasn't shifting when using the chair.
A beautiful pillowcase I found at a thrift store. only .99 cents. This cover was done by draping the sheet over the chair then I just kept tucking and pinning until it was flush with the chair. The only loose parts of fabric I kept at the sides so it can be taken off in the future to wash if needed.


Melissa wanted an office to work on homework,her photography, daycare business, and also a room where she could spread out and work on crafts and scrapbooking. I took some colors from items she already had and used them for my scheme. She not only has two work stations, but easily accessible mats for her photography needs. Which comes in handy when she has an internet order and they need to be shipped out. 

3 comments:

  1. I made a purple cover for granny's old chair for my granddaughter's room for the summer...yours look great! Mel's Cabin enjoys your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your work:) Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve next!

    ReplyDelete